Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bread and a Question

What's the opposite of bread?

Don't say "No bread".  That's the absence of, and not the opposite of.

I ask because I am currently sitting here on the computer, smelling my homemade, no-fat-bread baking and it is inspiring me to do nothing but eat. 


 Luckily, I ran this morning prior to the delicious smell filling my house.  Now I'm thinking that if I could find the opposite of bread, maybe it would inspire me to work harder.  My timer says 23 more minutes until the bread is ready and I fear they shall be torturous.  I haven't had a slice of proper bread since making the dietary change.  Not because bread doesn't have a place in a good diet, but because I love it enough to eat a loaf a day.  I admit it.  I am a bread junkie.

But you know what?  I deserve it today.  My niece is coming over tonight.  She wants me to teach her to make Italian style meatballs.  We'll make some meatballs, I'll test her to see if she still remembers how to make homemade sauce, and then we'll eat them with thick slabs of fresh bread and veggies, and maybe wine glasses filled with sugar-free kool-aid.  Sounds like a perfect night to me.  Best reward ever for losing 10 pounds.

CURRENT PROGRESS: 10 POUNDS GONE 40 TO GO

No comments:

Post a Comment