Search This Blog

Sunday, July 24, 2011

It's Christmas in July!

I've been busting my butt all weekend doing chores.  Here is what I did in lieu of a conventional workout:
  • I spent hours weeding the garden
  • The mower's auto feature broke so I got to push it while mowing the lawn
  • I moved a couch, 2 tables, 2 heavy chairs, an ottoman, and a monopoly table.
  • I steam cleaned the carpet in the den/my gym.
  • I helped my husband with the "attic" we're building.
  • I used the stairs 17 times during regular chores like laundry and running my husband refreshments
It was Christmas for a while yesterday.  We went to Border's bookstore.  They're liquidating so I got some awesome deals on yoga and pilates dvds.  I've been wanting to try them to see what all the fuss is about.  I also got a really nice digital food scale and a Misto that were both in the clearance section.

So now it's Sunday night and I've caught myself watching the QVC shopping television channel.  I've never bought anything off of there, but I just can't resist when they're featuring Christmas items.  They are doing a big Christmas in July sale and it's gotten me thinking about the holidays.  Specifically about gifts.


 I'm really lucky and have some people in my life who love to buy gifts.  Especially at Christmas time.  Problem is, I can never come up with things to put on a wish list and this causes me to get harassed for weeks.  This year, I want to have a nice list so that no one is stressed.  Wanna help me? The only thing I have on my wish list is a Bissell carpet steamer/cleaner thus far and that's not going to cut it.  It's not that there aren't things I want, I just forget them.  Gifts aren't really all that important to me. I'd be just as happy if someone just sent me a lovely card.  I just like being thought of.   BUT.  That doesn't fly.  Especially with my mother-in-law.  She wants a list, so that is my task.  There have to be some health/fitness related things that I can put on there.  Hey!  Maybe a nice weight set?  But which one?ortant to me.

All suggestions welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment