Search This Blog

Sunday, January 6, 2013

New Year - New Me

I really want to do this.

Hell, I AM doing this.

As each new year comes, I find that so many people want to make huge changes to their lives.  They make lists.  I refuse to make a list of resolutions this year.  Every year it's the same old thing for me and I think for most people.

  • Lose weight
  • Eat healthier
  • Exercise more
People make this list and then fail.  Then I don't know about you, but then I feel crappy about myself.  Not only am I a fat and out of shape person but I'm a big failure on top of it all. [sarcasm font] Well that sounds good for the self-esteem. [/sarcasm font]  So this year, instead of looking forward I shall be looking back.  I think everyone needs to.  What have you done in the previous year that you were not sure you could accomplish?

Now what am I'm proud of?


Look at that!  If I lost 63.5 pounds, what's to stop me from loosing 57.5?
Nothing.



Yeah, you already know I lost 50+.  
This accomplishment had less to do with weight and more with self-image.
It was a really big deal for me to put a picture of myself on the internet.



I climbed a mountain.
Not just a metaphorical one.
The view was worth the near asthma attack due to switchbacks.


All these things worked last year to create a new me.  I'm a work in progress.  I can only work hard and hope that a year from now I am just as pleased with my actions of the past year.





No comments:

Post a Comment