Search This Blog

Monday, January 16, 2012

Fitocracy ~ Check it Out!

I have a competitive streak.

Not that I'm all "OMG I HAVE TO WIN!!"  I'm more "I have to prove I'm not a loser."

I am so glad that a beautiful Rugby Wife i know turned me on to this site.  I can already tell that I'm going to get so much out of it.



Here are the basics of it:
  • social network type site - I've already met some great like-minded people.
  • really easy to log workouts
  • you can schedule workouts and get an email reminder when they're due
  • there are groups by interest/region/age/whatever that have individual challenges
  • there are quests.  I did one last night that included:  
                                                                   *40 bodyweight lunges
                                                                   *30 bodyweight squats
                                                                   *15 jumping squats
                                                                   *25 pushups
                                                                   *1/2 mile run

It felt GREAT!  The quest aspect pushed myself to complete even though that run was killing me after all those squats.

I think it might be a really great resource.  Really great.  You should check it out.  No cost, no worries.

If you do join, look me up on there.  My screen name is  KickMeImAnna

I've also started a group based off this blog (http://www.fitocracy.com/group/5560/) and have joined a local South Dakota group.  Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment