Search This Blog

Monday, January 9, 2012

Cheers to a Smooth New Year of Being Healthy!

You know how you guarantee a smooth new year?

Me either but I figured adding smoothies couldn't hurt.

Some of them can look weird or gross, but they really are quite tasty!  For my first day of being a smoothie making fool I decided to go with the classic from the people who have perfected the tasty and yet healthy smoothie, http://greenmonstermovement.com/



Check them out, there are tons of super-healthy smoothie recipes.  I used the classic and have the recipe below listing what exactly I put in mine.


Classic Green Monster

Yield: 1 serving/2 cups


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup milk (you can use whatever milk)
  • 1 ripe banana, peeled & frozen
  • 2 handfuls mixed spinach greens
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1 tbsp nut butter (I used peanut butter)
  • 1/4 cup of ice

Directions:

  1. Starting with the liquid, add in the milk. 
  2. Now add in the chia seeds and peanut butter. 
  3. Next, add in the spinach followed by the banana on top which will help weigh it all down.. 
  4. Blend until smooth. 
  5. Add in your ice cubes and blend some more. 


 It's not the prettiest thing ever, but it tastes of peanut butter and banana. No "veggie" taste at all.  In fact, I think I could have gotten away with adding probably double the spinach and probably will next time.  I think tomorrow's smoothie will be an oatmeal one.  That sounds lovely.

Confession:  I hummed the Popeye theme song while drinking this.  If Popeye the sailor man had been giving out spinach this way, EVERYONE would have been a fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment