Me either but I figured adding smoothies couldn't hurt.
Some of them can look weird or gross, but they really are quite tasty! For my first day of being a smoothie making fool I decided to go with the classic from the people who have perfected the tasty and yet healthy smoothie, http://greenmonstermovement.com/
Check them out, there are tons of super-healthy smoothie recipes. I used the classic and have the recipe below listing what exactly I put in mine.
Classic Green MonsterYield: 1 serving/2 cups
- 1 cup milk (you can use whatever milk)
- 1 ripe banana, peeled & frozen
- 2 handfuls mixed spinach greens
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp nut butter (I used peanut butter)
- 1/4 cup of ice
- Starting with the liquid, add in the milk.
- Now add in the chia seeds and peanut butter.
- Next, add in the spinach followed by the banana on top which will help weigh it all down..
- Blend until smooth.
- Add in your ice cubes and blend some more.
It's not the prettiest thing ever, but it tastes of peanut butter and banana. No "veggie" taste at all. In fact, I think I could have gotten away with adding probably double the spinach and probably will next time. I think tomorrow's smoothie will be an oatmeal one. That sounds lovely.
Confession: I hummed the Popeye theme song while drinking this. If Popeye the sailor man had been giving out spinach this way, EVERYONE would have been a fan!