Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

UGH! I Feel Squishy

I am still trying to battle Thanksgiving.  I ate reasonably, didn't drink but one non-water beverage, and even avoided gluten pretty darn successfully.

Except for the dip.


YOU HEARD ME!  Hi!  I'm Anna and apparently when you mix a brick of cream cheese with taco seasoning and then top it with cheese, tomato, lettuce, and olives... I can't stop eating it.  Like, I would stop and realize I was licking my fingers even though I swear I don't remember ever taking a chip to that dip.  Super-salty taco dip equals major bloat.  MAJOR.  I woke up on Friday morning an weighed EIGHT pounds more than I did on Thursday morning.  It made me want to vomit.  So I've been eating as clean as possible since then, avoiding salt and gluten, and am almost down to pre-turkey day weight except for a reasonable 1.5 pounds that I can feel as a squishy fluid all around my waist.  So no weigh in for me this week.  I'll just be happy to lose this bloat.

But I'm a self hater.  I made naan tonight.




Delicious flatbread, grilled outside, a touch of char to the edge, but super soft none the less.  I totally ate like four of them.  So yeah, I'll be squishier tomorrow morning.  I can feel the itching beginning already.  Guess what?  SO worth it.

In other news:  I've decided to start working towards item #1 on my 101 things in 1001 days list.  I've started working on a few (including learning a piano piece by heart, new soup creations, and smiling at babies) but the first goal I wrote down was "Run a 5k for time".  I don't just want to complete the run, I want to race!  I'm starting the Couch to 5K program again as soon as finals are done and this time I'm going to really work on my weakness.  Pace.  I haven't been able to develop a good rhythm that doesn't have me blowing the majority of my energy before the second leg of the race.  So I'm working on it.  I wish I had someone to run with to help with this.  I'm too intimidated to hang out with the local running club.  Maybe I'll feel legit enough post-5K-race.

No comments:

Post a Comment