Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Details

I received my official heart risk report in the mail just now.  It really isn't pretty.


                                   My Numbers          Desirable Number
Total Cholesterol               244                          < 200
Triglycerides                     133                          < 150
HDL                                   31                           > 40
LDL                                  187                          < 130
TC/HDL Ratio                   8.0                           < 4.5

So today I started my day with two packs of heart healthy Quaker apples and cinnamon oatmeal.  If one is heart healthy, two has to be double as good.  Right?  I picked up some baby spinach to add an extra olive oil vinaigrette salad to my daily routine, some Smart Balance butter substitute, and some supplements.

Details include:

"Trust your heart health with Nature Made Fish Oil 1200 mg, Burp-Less. Every 2 softgels deliver 720 mg of Omega-3s. Burp-Less Fish Oil has all the heart healthy benefits of regular fish oil and is specially coated (enteric coated) to help control fish burps, fishy odor and aftertaste. The Omega-3s in Burp-Less Fish Oil protect the heart by keeping cell membranes flexible and healthy.
  • Supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA Omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.  (See nutrition information for total fat, saturated fat, and cholesterol content.)
  • EPA and DHA are the two key Omega-3s for heart health 
  • Every 2 softgels deliver 720 mg of Omega-3s, including 600 mg of EPA & DHA (360 mg EPA/240 mg DHA); more than the 500 mg of EPA and DHA recommended by some experts for heart health.
  • Specially coated to help control fish burps"
I'm not even going to lie.  I totally giggled at all the fish burp references.  Maybe I'll be able to compete with my husband now.



No comments:

Post a Comment